Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hospital visit. (lots of details, be warned.)

Well, Chris and I had an unexpectedly crazy day yesterday. During the night, I thought my water broke. I'm only 32 weeks along, so this is not good news at this point. We stayed up for another hour to see if contractions would start and to be sure baby was still moving and ok. Nothing happened (baby was fine), so we decided to go back to bed and call my new doctor in the morning. He told us to go to the hospital to have some tests done, basically to make sure my water hadn't broken, so we packed a quick bag and left. Turns out it wasn't my water breaking (big relief!) but I was having contractions five minutes apart...just so small that I didn't really even feel them. I was also 1 cm dilated, and baby was in position for birth. They gave me a shot to stop the contractions, but that didn't work, so I had to have an IV put in my hand, as well as take a muscle relaxant pill. That worked, for the most part, so we got to go home about 8 pm, with a prescription for the muscle relaxant pill in case the contractions came back. We got to the hospital about 12:30, so it was a very long day...
I'm not on bed rest, but I am supposed to "take it easy". This means I'm basically on bed rest, except I can still get up and get a drink, instead of making Chris do the little things. He's doing pretty much everything anyway, which is sweet, but I don't want to overtax him either. That's all for now!

No comments: